The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to find the socket transport "ssl"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by af99, Mar 13, 2007.

1. af99

af99 Member

I try to send emails over google. But I always get this msg: Error: Could not connect to smtp host "smtp.gmail.com:465" (-1209466772) (Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?).

mod_ssl and OpenSSL is installed. So I have no idea why it doesn't work. Is cpanel blocking any ports by default?

Apache Version:
    Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/5.2.1 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

2. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

I am having the same basic issue except with trying to connect to WHM over 2087 for whmcs. I have tried everything I can think of including building php with the base basics and only compiling SSL support with it with no luck.

"Socket Connection Failed (Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)"

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://xx.xx.xxx.xx:2087 (Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/modules/servers/cpanel/cpanel.php on line 326