The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to Install Gems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bpat1434, Sep 18, 2007.

1. bpat1434

bpat1434 Well-Known Member

Hi all. having some issues trying to install a ruby gem. I manually installed RedCloth via SSH with gem install redcloth but when I go through cPanel Ruby area, and install the gem 'redmine' it fails with this info:
    Code:
    Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
    /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:327:in `<<': failed to allocate memory (NoMemoryError)
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:327:in `reduce_specs'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:318:in `each'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:318:in `reduce_specs'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:270:in `convert_specs'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:293:in `fetch_bulk_index'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:254:in `update'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_info_cache_entry.rb:26:in `refresh'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_info_cache.rb:100:in `refresh'
    	 ... 12 levels...
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/cmd_manager.rb:120:in `process_args'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/cmd_manager.rb:91:in `run'
    	from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/gem_runner.rb:30:in `run'
    	from /home/bpatters/ruby/bin/gem:23
    Now, I have 2048 GB of memory. So there is memory to use :P Not sure why it gives that error. Anyone have any issues like this?

2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

Server Configuration -> Tweak Settings

Change the value of:

** The maximum memory a cPanel process can use before it is killed off (in megabytes). Values less than 128 megabytes can not be specified.: