Unable to open Web Host Manager

Hpatt

Registered
Feb 21, 2017
California
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I also am having a difficulty logging into the Web Host Manager (WHM). I have used three of the most popular search engines and used both the log in IP address https://111.2..34.567:208X and the https://server.domain.com:208x URL and no matter what I cannot even reach the WHM site sign-in page. I have asked my web host provider numerous of times to assist, but although they spend hours trying to resolve the problem and indicate the problem is resolved, it is not and I am still not able to reach the WHM site.

Hpatt

Registered
Feb 21, 2017
California
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, In addition to above post about not connecting via search engines, each search engine says the connection times out. With Bing (Edge) the error message received says,
""Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://111.2.34.567:208X"
When connecting
to server thru SSH I received the message; Putty Fatal Error; Network Error - Connection Timed Out.

The last email notification of server status was on Sat 1/12/2019 2:24 AM and it said, "The backup process on “server.example.com” completed."

Is there something going on with my VPS that I do not know about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I've edited your post above to remove the hostname you posted. That domain name and the hostname as well, come up for me here.

I'm not sure why you're googling for your hostname, but you are apparently blocked. Either in cPhulk, or the server's firewall.

have asked my web host provider numerous of times to assist, but although they spend hours trying to resolve the problem and indicate the problem is resolved
Assuming your Hosting Provider has access to your server with a root login, they should be able to unblock you properly. If not, try accessing the server via another IP address. For example your mobile device, disconnected from the wifi network your computer is on, may work for you.

Hpatt

Registered
Feb 21, 2017
California
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've edited your post above to remove the hostname you posted. That domain name and the hostname as well, come up for me here.

I'm not sure why you're googling for your hostname, but you are apparently blocked. Either in cPhulk, or the server's firewall.

Assuming your Hosting Provider has access to your server with a root login, they should be able to unblock you properly. If not, try accessing the server via another IP address. For example your mobile device, disconnected from the wifi network your computer is on, may work for you.
Great Thanks, used the mobile phone and connected like a charm.
Now I have to find out why my internet provider is blocking my attempts to reach the WHM.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Now I have to find out why my internet provider is blocking my attempts to reach the WHM.
Hello @Hpatt,

We provide a list of ports utilized with cPanel & WHM on the following link should you need a reference point to show them which ports are required:

How to Configure Your Firewall for cPanel Services - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Should you need to use port 80, we document how to access cPanel & WHM over port 80 at:

Service Subdomains Explanation - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.