Unable to Publish to Frontpage

PbG

Mar 11, 2003
I'm running WHM 6.2.0 Cpanel 6.2.0-S49 RedHat 7.3 - WHM Xskin v 1.6. I have a client reporting the following:

"The following pages in your Web contain dynamic FrontPage components, such as a Search Form or a FrontPage form handler. They will not work because the server you are publishing to does not have the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

[Filenames...]

To upgrade to the latest version of the FrontPage Server Extensions, contact your Internet Service Provider or system administrator."

Additionally they have tried publishing with and without the trailing "/" in all cases, FP changed the http to ftp before it would publish.

They are also trying to get a counter (FPcount.exe) to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

jcsolutions

Nov 4, 2002
Canada
same problem here...

I'm having the same problem as PbG. FP extentions are installed on my client accounts, but when my clients publish, they all get a message that the extentions aren't installed. When they open the published file in a browser, they get a message that they should publish to a server with FP extentions. I have uninstalled and re-installed the extentions, but it didn't help.

I have poured through this forum, but no one seems to have any answers. There must be SOMEONE who actually figured this out?

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Well, we are talking about MS here so you might have to talk with Bill for a definite answer. ;)

Other than that, as uninstall/re-install usually works, I would uninstall and check for any lingering remains of FP. Delete any 'vti" directories or files and any .htaccess files.

HTH