The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to Publish to Frontpage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PbG, Apr 4, 2003.

1. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

I'm running WHM 6.2.0 Cpanel 6.2.0-S49 RedHat 7.3 - WHM Xskin v 1.6. I have a client reporting the following:

"The following pages in your Web contain dynamic FrontPage components, such as a Search Form or a FrontPage form handler. They will not work because the server you are publishing to does not have the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

[Filenames...]

To upgrade to the latest version of the FrontPage Server Extensions, contact your Internet Service Provider or system administrator."

Additionally they have tried publishing with and without the trailing "/" in all cases, FP changed the http to ftp before it would publish.

They are also trying to get a counter (FPcount.exe) to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. thomas

thomas Well-Known Member

Try to uninstall/reinstall FP on his domain.

3. jcsolutions

jcsolutions Well-Known Member

same problem here...

I'm having the same problem as PbG. FP extentions are installed on my client accounts, but when my clients publish, they all get a message that the extentions aren't installed. When they open the published file in a browser, they get a message that they should publish to a server with FP extentions. I have uninstalled and re-installed the extentions, but it didn't help.

I have poured through this forum, but no one seems to have any answers. There must be SOMEONE who actually figured this out?

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, we are talking about MS here so you might have to talk with Bill for a definite answer. ;)

Other than that, as uninstall/re-install usually works, I would uninstall and check for any lingering remains of FP. Delete any 'vti" directories or files and any .htaccess files.

HTH