The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to receive email from particular domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stanleytiew, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

One of my client who use my server complaining that he is unable to receive email from his associate company in Hong Kong. I check the domain name footlocker.com and this domain is hosted in USA. My server has no problem receiving and sending email to any emails address worldwide except footlocker.com, at the same time footlocker.com also have no problem sending email to anybody worldwide except sending email to domain in my server. Can anybody assist me how to solve this problem.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You need to check the exim mainlog or tail the file while an email is sent and investigate the messages/errors shown.

3. Stanleytiew

Can't find any error on exim_mainlog, do you think any other things that I should check.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, what messages do you get in the exim mainlog when you send/receive such an email? If you don't get any messages then the email isn't reaching your server.

5. Stanleytiew

The message seem to be normal, below is some of the messages:

2005-10-24 10:07:12 1ETrjx-0001Nn-T3 <= rli@footlocker.com H=(waufrw02.eastbay.com) [198.207.241.4] P=esmtp S=7419 id=OFB0E29B57.06ABFA37-ON482570A0.002427D2-482570A0.00251767@eastbay.com
    2005-10-24 10:07:12 1ETrjx-0001Nn-T3 => denniswong <denniswong@chongee.com.my> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery
    2005-10-24 10:07:12 1ETrjx-0001Nn-T3 => foo_wf <foo_wf@chongee.com.my> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery
    2005-10-24 10:07:12 1ETrjx-0001Nn-T3 Completed

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Indeed, so far as exim is concerned, the emails have been delievered. Did you check their POP account or look within their mail directories to see if they were indeed delivered?

7. Stanleytiew

I don't think anything wrong with the mailbox nor the server, is there any possibility that the email being hijack during transmission. How do I check this?

Something strengh, email send from hotmail or yahoo receive perfectly but email send from footlocker.com or send to footlocker.com failed.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If it's getting into the users mailbox, then the problem could be either they're filtering it into a folder that they're not aware of on their PC, or perhaps they're deleting it using some spam detecting tools on their local PC. So long as it is in their mailbox on the server, the rest is entirely up to the end-user.

9. Stanleytiew

Thank for your reply Chirpy, I still checking the actual cause of the problem and will definitely post it here if I found the solutions.

10. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Another suggestion....

Ask your customer to check their home/office firewall/router.

I just had a reseller/developer of mine experience the same thing. Started with port 25 on one of his IP's and escalated to his being unable to access any services for that IP. Come to find out, the firewall built into his router had banned the IP!

11. Stanleytiew

Thank very much for your feedback. The problem is not on the router too as he can receive email send to his hotmail account that running on the same computer and internet connection.

12. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

But (playing devil's advocate), if his router has banned footlocker.com (inbound/outbound) then, naturally, inbound/outbound to hotmail would not be an issue.

You previously mentioned that everything works for every domain, but footlocker.com?