Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

unable to receive email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by masondixon, Jan 5, 2004.

1. masondixon

masondixon Member

i just setup a new server running cpanel on redhat 9 and migrated my first domain. web services are working fine, but i have run into a roadblock on email.

i can send email from the webmail interface. but do not receive email sent to the account.

i also cannot connect to the server from an external mail program. have tried setting the incoming and outgoing mail server to mail.domain.com, domain.com, and www.domain.com. in each case i get a connection error.

am at a loss for what to try next.
    any ideas,
    mason

2. masondixon

masondixon Member

i'm pretty sure i am dealing with a DNS problem here, but not sure where to look? the zone for the domain seems to be fine. it has a CNAME for mail. etc. The emails i tried to send are now bouncing back errors, not saying the messages couldnt be delivered, but that they havent been able to be delivered in the last 5 hours and will continue to try.

m

3. masondixon

masondixon Member

was a problem with iptables, needed to open ports 25 and 110.

mason