The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to renew SSL cert...getting error

Discussion in 'Security' started by abubin, Jun 10, 2014.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

I tried to renew one of the SSL cert for an account. However, I am getting this error:

Code:
    The certificate could not be installed on the domain “domain.com.sg”.
    error Syntax error on line 4 of [Test Configuration File]:

Invalid command 'BandWidthPulse', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    : Syntax error on line 4 of [Test Configuration File]:

Invalid command 'BandWidthPulse', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    I did some googling and some mention about mod_security being the culprit. However, how do I disable mod_security momentarily to install the SSL cert and then re-enable back? Hope not by easyapache.

If there any other solution?

BTW, I am using pyxsoft WAF malware detection software. This could also be the culprit but again, I am unable to disable this without making major change to my cpanel.

Thanks.

#1 abubin, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

found the problem. This "BandWidthPulse" was the culprit. I inserted this into mod_bandwidth script in cpanel. /script/setbwlimit file. I removed the line and then re-run the setbwlimit which removes the line from configuration for the domain and now I can renew the SSL cert.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator