The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to restore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madmac, Jan 12, 2004.

1. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

we are moving to a dedicated server (cpanel/WHM controlled) and I'm moving our accounts over. the /home dir I got over by tar&gzipping it and shooting it over to the new server and untarring.

Now the MySQL databases and Aliases/Filters I was planning on doing for each account via cPanel (download backup from serverA, restore to serverB). However, it is not working. I goto upload/restore it, and I get a page that says "Restoring Alias/Filter" and then just sits there. Same for mySQL databases.

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If both servers are cpanel/whm, then use the copy function inside whm to copy all the sites over to the new server. Its so much better.

3. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Re: Re: unable to restore

hmm... I tried this and it failed. We do not have root access on the old server (it is a shared server and we just have reseller access). I tried using the transfer account with account password and it made it to where it said it was tarring the homedir and then said it was transfering, but 0ZB was transfered, so the MD5 checksum failed and the script aborted.

4. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Re: Re: unable to restore

Ok I got the WHM copy function to work by enabling CGI on the old sites. Everything seems to have copied over except cron jobs. We have a number of crons running on the sites. How can we copy those over?

5. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Re: Re: Re: unable to restore

hmm.. copy cron jobs. interesting question but have no clue on this. perhaps someone else can shed light on this.

i will also try to search on this and c if i can come up with something for you. sorry for now. :(