cPanel & WHM Version

Tesvila

Registered
Oct 25, 2022
Singapore
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi There,

I'm facing an issue which is I'm not able to send email to the external domain but the internal is able.

Before I purchase the website certificate, www.domain, my email server is working.
However, I add some records, type a, www and @, on the DNS, DigitalOcean, then my email can not send to external domain.

after that, I added records on my DNS but still not working.
I attach my DNS Record and Mail Deliverability on the post.

Hope to get the fee back from you

Thanks you in advance.

Sincerely,
Eng Tian Cheng

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It's possible your hosting provider doesn't allow outbound email, as many providers block port 25 on their networks. A quick way to test this is to try a manual connection from the command line of the server - here's a quick test to the Gmail network:

Code:
telnet mail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
Try running that from your server and let us know what output you receive.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

rbairwell

May 28, 2022
Mansfield, Nottingham, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
From DigitalOcean's support page:

Why is SMTP blocked?...

SMTP port 25 is blocked on all Droplets for new accounts to prevent spam and other abuses of our platform.

Dedicated email deliverability platforms are better at handling deliverability factors like IP reputation. To send mail from DigitalOcean, we recommend using SendGrid
According to their community there, at least used to be, a way of getting access:
It is possible that port 25 is closed for new accounts. This is something DigitalOcean has been doing to reduce spam on the network.

To qualify for the ability to send out emails, new accounts are required to wait 60 days before a request for removing the restriction could be raised. Once your account has reached 60 days of stable use, you could reach out to the DigitalOcean support team so they could look into this for you:
In the meantime, you could instead use ports 465 or 587.