Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Unable to send emails properly

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Vignesh Balakrishnan, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Vignesh Balakrishnan

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, there.

From morning our domain user who are using Windows XP with Office 2007 are not able to send emails however they are able to receive all the incoming mail in their outlook.

Initially, we tried to send the emails through webmail & it was successful.

Then, tried reinstalling and re-configuring Outlook, profile etc.. all basic stuffs.

Then, we got to know that only the Windows XP + Office 2007 users are facing this issue.

I had a check with our service provider and they said, they have updated Cpanel from 11.64.0.36 to 11.66.0.14 & they suggest us to contact Windows technical support.

Please help me out to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please see I receive error report 0x800CCC1A

You might want to try sending your emails from such an old platform by switching OFF any encryption or SSL/TLS - it is possible that the encryption method you selected is no longer supported by cPanel, or is disabled for security reasons.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's possible this relates to the following change in cPanel version 66:

Fixed case CPANEL-11108: Remove Triple DES from default cipher suite.

You can browse to "WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Advanced Editor" and change the "tls_require_ciphers" value to the following value that was issued by default in cPanel version 64:

Code:
    ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!DSS
    However, keep in mind this is unsupported and not recommended due to the negative impact on the server's security. Instead, the recommended solution is to upgrade systems using Windows XP to a supported OS (Microsoft no longer provides security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system).

Thank you.

4. Vignesh Balakrishnan

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your response.

I'm afraid the above solution didn't work.

But still thanks for the time & support.

5. Vignesh Balakrishnan

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you very much, Mr. Michael.

You made my day. We were able to send the emails after updating the value.

Sure, I'll keep in mind regarding the Windows XP security issues; also will recommend our clients to upgrade the Operating system to a higher one.

I appreciate your help & support.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see the workaround helped. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.