Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Unable to send emails properly

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Amair Naeem, May 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Amair Naeem

Amair Naeem Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

ISSUE SUMMARY & STATUS
    =================
    I am fairly new to cPanel and I have just got a website created that sells my clothing merchandise. I have setup my email on cPanel with my custom domain and configured this on my phone perfectly fine. I am able to receive emails from different domains without any errors or problems.

However, I am facing the following issues:

1. I cannot send emails to other domains, such as @live.com [Please see errors section].
    2. When the email does get sent to a domain i.e @gmail.com, it gets delivered to the spam folder.

ERRORS
    =====
    1. Under track delivery in cPanel, I receive the following error:
    Code:
    SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<support@example.com> SIZE=1750: 550 5.7.1
    You can also refer your provider to [URL='http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors']Troubleshooting[/URL]. [BY2NAM01FT051.eop-nam01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

2. Once I send the email I receive the following automatic response:

"Mail Delivery Failed"

TROUBLESHOOTING
    =============
    1. I have searched the community and was told that the issue could be in relations to my email routing not being set to Local Mail Exchanger. This was the default setting, but still seems to be the problem.

2. I enabled SPF on my cPanel settings, but this did not resolve the issue. Therefore, I disabled this setting.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Kind Regards,

#1 Amair Naeem, May 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Amair Naeem

Amair Naeem Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have contacted my web hosting provider and they have replied with the following:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVH regarding cPanel issues.

At OVH, we support our hardware, network, and infrastructure, as well as our OVH Manager tool. If you are experiencing problems with any of these, we will gladly look into the issue for you as soon as we are provided with diagnostic tests confirming the problem.

However, we do not provide technical support for software related issues, including but not limited to Operating Systems and cPanel/WHM/Plesk configuration. If you require assistance with any software-related issues, we would invite you to look up online support forums for the software in question, or to contact the technical support of your software directly.

For any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us through a support ticket or through our toll-free line at 1-855-684-5463. We’re here 24/7 to help you!

We thank you again for choosing OVH,

Kyle

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    ovh is an unmanaged provider you are on your own to fix configuration errors
    you listed your self as a site owner since they don't do shared hosting you must have root access

do a
    exigrep MSGID /var/log/exim_mainlog
    to see if you can get more information from your mail logs

set up SPF & DKIM

make sure your Reverse PTR is set up for mail server ip

check that your mail IP is not in any RBL's

after it is all complete test for delivrbility @ Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Amair Naeem

Amair Naeem Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your quick reply, however I am not sure where I do I enter the following to display the logs?

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: