ForgenMreemen

Mar 24, 2021
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there!

So, I've tried to edit a user of mine, but I'm getting this error;

Code:
 Failed to read data: Is a directory at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoadFile/ReadFast.pm line 126.
Therefore, I decided to try to terminate the account in WHM, unfortunately, I keep getting this error;
Code:
Starting removal of “sitely”
API failure: Failed to read data: Is a directory at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoadFile/ReadFast.pm line 126.
Any help on these two issues?

Thank you very much!
Best,
Marcus

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Do you see any additional errors inside /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log? That's the first place I would check for more details. If you don't find anything there, it might be best to open a ticket with our team so we can check out the machine directly.

ForgenMreemen

Mar 24, 2021
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Do you see any additional errors inside /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log? That's the first place I would check for more details. If you don't find anything there, it might be best to open a ticket with our team so we can check out the machine directly.
Hi there!

I don't think there is, but all errors I get, are related to the ReadFast.pm file for some reason...
It's also something about whostmgr

ForgenMreemen

Mar 24, 2021
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for doing that - we were able to find an issue with /var/cpanel/resellers on the system being a directory and not a file, and after resolving this things are working well.

Let us know if you need anything else!
Actually I do! Thank you!

I installed softaculous and WordPress on to that, but when a client of mine tries to install WordPress to the website, he's met with "The MySQL Connection could not be established."

How do I go about fixing that?
I've tried updating MySQL, but without any luck...

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I wouldn't expect a MySQL update to resolve that type of issue.

The most likely problem is that there is an issue with the settings inside the wp-config.php file of the WordPress installation. You can test these manually by running this on the command line:

Code:
mysql -u username -p
and then entering the password when prompted. If that doesn't allow you to connect, that confirms the issue. If it does allow you to connect, try running this to see if you can see the database:

Code:
show databases;
If you can connect, but can't see the database, you'll want to check the privileges in cPanel >> MySQL Databases and make sure the user is granted access there.

Let me know if that helps!