The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to Transfer Acct's from Ensim Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by emkay, Apr 13, 2003.

1. emkay

emkay Registered

I'm trying to transfer some accounts from an Ensim server to cpanel. Whenever I use the WHM account transfer I get this message:

Creating Scripts on Remote Server...
    The password you provided is not correct.
    Unable to create scripts.

I've tried many different ways/formats and can't figure this out. I've provided the root password only, as well as the admin/password plus root password combo since I have the server set to not accept direct root logins. Any help would be appreciated.

2. nuklehed

nuklehed Member

Our Ensim servers don't accept root logins either so we entered the username and password in the transfer manager only to find that we got this error. We got it to work by taking out the root username and password (the entries on the bottom of the transfer form) and it worked *almost* perfectly.

We have since transferred about 100 accounts using the copy multiple accounts option. Here are some issues we've encoutered:

• Some databases didn't have permissions set properly on them. So while they were transferred we couldn't assign users to it until we backed it up, dropped it, and recreated it.
    • Sub domains didn't transfer because we had to set them up with different usernames and password in our Ensim configuration
    • Make sure the username and password matches for the user's account and his mysql account. Otherwise the DB won't transfer.
    • Rackshack had trouble with bandwidth monitoring on our Ensim servers so I had to delete all access and error logs before transferring to reduce the size.
    • Finally, make sure the Ensim users have unique 8 character usernames or CPanel won't transfer it - actually it will transfer it but die after the download. If the account is 500 MB or so you'll be plenty pissed when that happens after a lengthy download :)
    These steps greatly reduced the pain level of the transfers. Hopefully CPanel will fix some of these issues. Especially the DB and username length problems.

Best,

NukleHeD

3. emkay

emkay Registered

I wound up having to enable direct root logins to get the transfer to work.

However, the transfer still really don't work. My accounts have a lot of the content in the user directories rather than the main site directory. cpanel only transfers the main admin account for each domain. This rendered the transfer useless for me. I'm having to create each user's subdomained ftp space, and pull all the files off the old server via ncftp. At least ncftp is quick within the same network, as I transferred a 1gig site in just a few minutes.

mk