The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable To Unzip File

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Cameron, Sep 24, 2009.

1. James Cameron

James Cameron Registered

Hello,

As the only was it seems to upload a folder via cPanel is to upload a zip and extract it I tried to follow these instructions:

How to Upload and Unzipping .zip and .gz files in cPanel -

But in my cPanel there is no "Extract File Contents."

If anyone knows how to fix this or any other solution to upload a folder without FTP it would be appreciated. Thanks, James.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Which File Manager are you using, the new File Manager or the Legacy File Manager? I'm not sure that matters though. You might want to speak to your host.

3. sanjaydagar123

This is feature in your file manger and you can use it.

When you go to file manage, there is two options - "Extract" and "Compress".
    Extract means you can unzip your .zip or .gz files, another option Compress means zipped the existing file or folder in your file manger.

You can try it yourself
    1. go to file manager, choose any folder by mouse click and click on icon "Compress", it will ask to select option and destination folder. ok.
    2. select your existing compressed folder as above with .zip extension by mouse click and click on icon "Extract", it will ask for destination folder. ok

On this way, you can try it practical yourself for "Extract" and "Compress" in file manager.