Archmactrix

Jan 20, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My attempt to upgrade Centos from 5.7 to 6.2 version has not been successful as the upgrade doesn't happen.

On my previous server, I could just remove samba to make the upgrade, but now by removing it, it hasn't helped.

So my question is just to make it sure, if cPanel>'Upgrade to Latest Version' would do it or not, as it is both a system and server upgrade?

My cPanel/WHM version is RELEASE 11.30.5.6, on a VPS.

Last edited:

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
So my question is just to make it sure, if cPanel>'Upgrade to Latest Version' would do it or not, as it is both a system and server upgrade?
No, only the system software and cPanel itself. Over the years this (upgrading the OS) has been asked many times. Scroll to the bottom of this very thread for multiple links to other similar threads as yours here.

storminternet

Nov 2, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I really doubt that you can upgrade centos version of your vps directly. There are some virtulization technologies that are using os based virtulization, provides their own set of os templates. You simply need to create vps with the upgraded version
(If it is released and available in market) and have to migrate your data on new vps.