The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to upload files [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by orientum, Jul 12, 2005.

1. orientum

orientum Registered

Unable to upload files

Hi there guys. I don't know if this is the suitable place for posting my problem, so pls forgive me if it not.

We are using Cpanel as a Web host of our Web Site. The site is built using php and mysql. We have also developed an a content management mechanism for this site. So for so good but with a slight problem When we try to upload a file using the above management mechanism we are getting the following error

Warning: move_uploaded_file(..\..\Files\Announcements\1121184043.zip): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/orientum/public_html/admin/news/newspost.php on line 17

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpdvRTYc' to '..\..\Files\Announcements\1121184043.zip' in /home/orientum/public_html/admin/news/newspost.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/orientum/public_html/admin/news/newspost.php:17) in /home/orientum/public_html/admin/news/newspost.php on line 27

We have checked the file permissions of the server and they all seem to be right, since they are in 770 mode (both the tmp and the Files directory). The relative paths are set correctly since the uploading mechanism works fine on our local machine.

Can you pls suggest me any hint?

Thank you in advance

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

As the error says this is a permission issue...Check your php.ini for "safe_mode" and "safe_mode_exec_dir" and try some experiments.