Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Unable to use file restoration tool

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by leonep, Dec 19, 2017.

1. leonep

leonep Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,
    i can't use file restoration from cpanel nor in WHM. i am able to use classic Backup restoration from WHM like i always do if i need.
    Using file restoration i can browser folders, but i am not able to start process (i miss button) like descrived in documentation.
    i have my option correctly set in backup configuration (Retain backups in the default backup directory) and also i have backup file in correct directory .
    I also check feature manager and it appers to be set..
    any help ? thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you upload a screenshot to show us what you are seeing? You should see a "Restore This Version" button appear after clicking on a file. Also, can you reproduce the issue on a separate browser?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leonep

leonep Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Clicking file the button appears ! so this tool are intended for single file restoration ?
    my apologies . in the blog example i have look public_html ..thanks

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, this feature is currently limited to individual files. However, per this blog post, we hope to have directory restorations supported in 2018:

Thank you.