Unable to view live site after publish

abie059

Registered
Oct 15, 2018
Lae, Papua New Guinea
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

I am new, i have only accessed CPanel just over the weekend, I have my site ready to publish and my problem is getting the pages loaded but I cannot view it live. Also I have created a test email and could not get it working from my client side.

I may be missing some areas of setting up my CPanel, can someone assist?

Thanks

Shood

Aug 12, 2015
Middle East
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @abie059
Is your domain has a correct DNS / MX records?
If so you can search for the reason on your cPanel
As a root administrator you can check your DNS Zone by navigate to this:
Home »DNS Functions »Edit DNS Zone
or you can check it by an online website like dnschecker or try this on ypur PC - CMD:

nslookup -q=MX yourdomain.ltd
nslookup yourdomain.ltd

You can get more help if you provide more details.

abie059

Registered
Oct 15, 2018
Lae, Papua New Guinea
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi Shood,

Thanks, my dns checker replied with a request time out response.

Since I am totally new i searched about setting CPanel.

Confirm if installing App like PhpAdmin etc is necessary? I mean i am not too sure as this is a new area for me.

Appreciate the help

abie
Hi @abie059
Is your domain has a correct DNS / MX records?
If so you can search for the reason on your cPanel
As a root administrator you can check your DNS Zone by navigate to this:
Home »DNS Functions »Edit DNS Zone
or you can check it by an online website like dnschecker or try this on ypur PC - CMD:

nslookup -q=MX yourdomain.ltd
nslookup yourdomain.lt
You can get more help if you provide more details.[/QUOTE
Hi,

I am new, i have only accessed CPanel just over the weekend, I have my site ready to publish and my problem is getting the pages loaded but I cannot view it live. Also I have created a test email and could not get it working from my client side.

I may be missing some areas of setting up my CPanel, can someone assist?

Thanks

Shood

Aug 12, 2015
Middle East
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, it's looks like that it's a DNS or maybe a nameserver issue
Installing PhpMyAdmin isn't necessary in this case, you don't need any application to setup your DNS
As a root administrator you can setting up DNS from WHM, these two docs DNS & NameServers can assist you.
BUT First: your domain name should have a nameserver/s, this can be configured with your registrar, where you bought you domain name from
Without a registered nameserver (or an IP address to your server) your domain cannot be redirected anywhere and will still offline.
To know if you have a nameserver check it with Whois, this will show you all information including Name Server.

abie059

Registered
Oct 15, 2018
Lae, Papua New Guinea
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, it's looks like that it's a DNS or maybe a nameserver issue
Installing PhpMyAdmin isn't necessary in this case, you don't need any application to setup your DNS
As a root administrator you can setting up DNS from WHM, these two docs DNS & NameServers can assist you.
BUT First: your domain name should have a nameserver/s, this can be configured with your registrar, where you bought you domain name from
Without a registered nameserver (or an IP address to your server) your domain cannot be redirected anywhere and will still offline.
To know if you have a nameserver check it with Whois, this will show you all information including Name Server.
Ok, i guess i have to go to my hosting service provider and enquire as well.

BTW i may have been a little overwhelmed and created my access level as Root Administrator, i should fit in the Website Owner category.

Thanks

Reactions: Shood

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Ok, i guess i have to go to my hosting service provider and enquire as well.
This does sound like a hosting provider issue, you may need to access the place where you bought the domain (the registrar) if it's separate from your provider and add DNS records to point to your new account. Your provider should give you the necessary nameservers and IP addresses you'll need to do this.

We're here if you need help, if we can't help you we'll at least get you pointed in the right direction to get what you need.

Thanks!

abie059

Registered
Oct 15, 2018
Lae, Papua New Guinea
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks, I appreciate that
This does sound like a hosting provider issue, you may need to access the place where you bought the domain (the registrar) if it's separate from your provider and add DNS records to point to your new account. Your provider should give you the necessary nameservers and IP addresses you'll need to do this.

We're here if you need help, if we can't help you we'll at least get you pointed in the right direction to get what you need.

Thanks!

Reactions: cPanelLauren