mauinet

Mar 2, 2004
Maui
One of our servers IP is blocked from another of our servers. It is not blocked in iptables or in the routing table. We usc configserver's csf to manage the firewall. It appears that the IP was blocked by csf. It also does not appear in lfd.log. cpHulk is disabled. Neither server can ping the other.

What else could be blocking the IP? BTW, I have checked both servers for a block.

Thanks,
Tony R

Eric

Nov 25, 2007
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Howdy,

CSF's files in /etc/csf are plain text. You should be able to do a grep in that folder to find them.

Also tcptraceroute is your very best friend in these sorts of situations. I hate tracking something down only to have someone else block it.

Thanks!

mauinet

Mar 2, 2004
Maui
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have grepped for the IP in /etc/csf and /var/log and in just /etc, not found.

If I traceroute to the IP, it just shows stars, not even one hop showing.

TonyR

Howdy,

CSF's files in /etc/csf are plain text. You should be able to do a grep in that folder to find them.

Also tcptraceroute is your very best friend in these sorts of situations. I hate tracking something down only to have someone else block it.

Thanks!

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
is CSF blocking anything in either of the same subnets ?
Maybe a router in the data center for instance.

I guess you could temporarily disable CSF on both servers ?

Last edited:

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

Yes, May be there is network issues between your servers, You will have to discuss this with your server provider. Also I will suggest you take traceroute report from your both server and forward that your DC so that they will check this for you.

mauinet

Mar 2, 2004
Maui
I think it may have been an external issue in the network. This morning, there was no longer a block. It would be nice to know what happened though.

Thanks for the suggestions,
TonyR

Hello,

Yes, May be there is network issues between your servers, You will have to discuss this with your server provider. Also I will suggest you take traceroute report from your both server and forward that your DC so that they will check this for you.