Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Understanding cPanel Error_Log.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edegard Santos, Oct 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Edegard Santos

Edegard Santos Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I was searching for a log that could show if a file was deleted throug File Manager, after read the logs with tail -f i noticed that the error_log shows that one file was deleted, yet o don't know which flag means the deletation in fact.

So, please, can anyone help-me to read this log?

Code:
    [2016-10-13 17:56:07 -0300] info [hgFML::Logger] {"context":{"stage":"pre","point":"main","escalateprivs":1,"category":"Cpanel","event":"Api2::Fileman::fileop"},"data":{"user":"ggblog","args":{"affectedfiles":[{"oldsize":0,"oldctime":"1476392150","path":"/home/ggblog/public_html/edeedeede.txt","oldmtime":"1476392146"}],"multiform":"1","filelist":"1","metadata":"undefined","doubledecode":"0","op":"unlink"},"output":null}}

Thank you!

#1 Edegard Santos, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Edegard Santos,

The following document relates to the cPanel API 2 Fileman function, but it also provides information about the data you see in the log output:

cPanel API 2 Functions - Fileman::fileop - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

For instance, the log out you provided shows "unlink" for the "op" parameter, suggesting the removal of a symbolic link.

I also encourage you to vote, review comments, and add feedback to the following feature request:

Built-in filemanager "transfer log"

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...