Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Unidentified WheelGroup Users

Discussion in 'Security' started by lass, Nov 28, 2017.

1. lass

lass Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was going through security measures in WHM watching the CPanelTV Youtube Videos.
    in WHM i went to
    Manage Wheel Group Users
    Here is see 2 users already in the group
    cp9048337.ssh
    cp9065015.ssh
    I never added them manually. was it created while i submited support tickets? is it required or shall I remove it from the group as i feel now server is normal. I may require further support in future but I already changed root password as best practise. so they wont get access. I also see another such user in the below list. i think such users might be created by Cpanel to give me support. but tell me is it safe to remove them now? i want to secure my server and restrict root access to contain threats

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Yes, those are created when you grant temporary access to your server to our Technical Support Department in a support ticket. It's safe to remove those users.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...