The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uninstall Frontpage Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmcpanel, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. bmcpanel

    bmcpanel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2002
    Messages:
    546
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.8.0-R16276
    REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

    I recently restored a server after a hard drive failure using cpanel backups. A client who uploads with Frontpage contacted me to let me know their upload fails even though their password is correct, etc. I then went to WHM to uninstall and re-install their fp extensions.

    When I uninstall FP extensions in WHM, this is the error I get....

    The version (unknown) of the server extensions you are trying to uninstall cannot be uninstalled with this tool. You must upgrade this virtual server to the current version, and then use owsadm.exe to uninstall.

    Any idea what is going on?
     
  2. Infopro

    Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2003
    Messages:
    14,447
    Likes Received:
    195
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    After you got the new server setup, did you have frontpage installed at that point? Not sure but it sounds to me like you're trying to uninstall something thats not loaded.
     
  3. cPanelNick

    cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2015
    Messages:
    3,426
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try dumping the config file in /usr/local/frontpage for the domain, then uninstalling and reinstalling
     
  4. bmcpanel

    bmcpanel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2002
    Messages:
    546
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    It turns out the domain was over quota. Doh. I fixed the quota problem and everything is fine. Thanks for responding.
     
Loading...

Share This Page