The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unique mail server and separete mail quotes

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by geraldo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. geraldo

geraldo Member

Hello,

I see a lot of hosting companies with cpanel offering plans with like X mb for site+dbs and Ygb for emails. For example, 500mb for site+dbs and 10 email accounts with 1gb each. I wanna offer something like that, but i think cpanel doesnt allow it. If so, how do they do that?

What if i configure a server and centralize all emails from all my servers in it. I mean, i create a regular account in a server (with 500mb) and creates it again in another server (and sets it to have 10gb and allow 10 email accounts). So i set only the mails to use that "mail only" server (that will have cpanel). Is it possible?

And can i use that server for centralize all email accounts from a lot of servers, cant I?

Thanks,

Geraldo

2. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

you can run the DNS of a domain on one server and point the MX of this domain to the remote server. If the domain is configured on the remote server the mails will be collected there.