The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown License File Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galvanize, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Galvanize

Galvanize Member

Hello,

I have cPanel on a server from another hosting company, and it gives this error:

I just have a few little (dumb) questions..
    1) Could this be caused by something I have done? The IP addresses shown above this message are correct.
    2) Was this a 15 day test/trial license that I'm paying them for?
    3) Should I expect to lose the account on this server when they renew the license?
    4) Is it possible for me to update the license myself without contacting the company that I have my server from?

Thank you, and sorry for asking dumb questions!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You have to contact the company that you got the cPanel license through which is presumably the server company, as cPanel wasn't license correctly, unless it was you yourself who installed cPanel on the server with the trial license.

3. Galvanize

Galvanize Member

Thanks for the reply, chirpy!

They've updated the license now, they had only given me a 15 day trial to start with :s
    The only reason I asked the questions, was because last time they did it on another server I have with them and they blamed it on me saying I'd changed the resolvers (I hadn't), and they then did an OS reinstall deleting all my accounts.