Frontier_Digital

Registered
Jul 22, 2019
NZ
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm getting this message when trying to login "The filesystem mounted at "url" on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition."

My C-Panel hosting was bought through godaddy which says I have unlimited storage, how is this error possible when my plan has "Unlimited Storage" and "Unlimited Sites",

I currently have 1 pretty basic site with a CMS that is taking up less than 2GB of storage, I deleted the .trash through SSH yet still get this message? how long until this is fixed?

Thanks

Eminds

Nov 10, 2016
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is nothing that you can do to fix the issue , it seems that the server on which your website hosted has disk space issue and their admins are suppose to fix it.

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You need to speak to GoDaddy, whilst you might have unlimited space, in reality this isn't really the case.
You are limited to what disc space the actual server can hold, and you probably share this with 100 other users.
If one of the other 99 users has hogged it all, then it will affect you and the rest.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I'm getting this message when trying to login "The filesystem mounted at "url" on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition."

My C-Panel hosting was bought through godaddy which says I have unlimited storage, how is this error possible when my plan has "Unlimited Storage" and "Unlimited Sites",

I currently have 1 pretty basic site with a CMS that is taking up less than 2GB of storage, I deleted the .trash through SSH yet still get this message? how long until this is fixed?

Thanks
This actually sounds like one of your filesystems has run out of physical space. If you have root access to the server as your profile suggests then I'd suggest you login via SSH and run the following to identify which mount is full:

Code:
df -kh
Please reply with the result of that if you do indeed have the necessary access to perform this action.

If you don't have root access to the server, as indicated by others you'll need to contact your provider and work with them to identify the cause of the issue as well as how to prevent it from occurring again.

Thanks!