The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlimited FTP accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warrenpeas, Jun 13, 2011.

1. warrenpeas

warrenpeas Registered

Jun 13, 2011
    I'm very new to this and have a question I hope someone will take the time to help me with. I'm trying to give ftp access to several dozen individuals to upload the same file to my website on a nightly basis. Each user has their own folder to upload the file to and I want them to be able to only write to that folder and not access any other folders. Cpanel says I have only 5 ftp accounts of which 2 are already in use. What is the easiest way to provide this access without having everyone use the same account.
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ask your host to increase the number of available FTP accounts that you can create if you need to create more individual FTP accounts than you have available. Otherwise, I would suggest using an upload script and a password protect directory that you create multiple users to log into the browser to access the upload script. FTP would certainly be easier, but if your host will not allow you more FTP accounts, then you'll have no choice but to get some upload script, then protect the script using cPanel > Password Protect Directories area.