Unlimited hourly sending limits for resellers

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It seems resellers are able to create packages with unlimited hourly sending limits, regardless of the server's default value.

Despite the server wide setting (WHM -> Tweak Settings -> Max hourly emails per domain being set to 100 and the reseller's permissions (WHM -> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges -> *select reseller* -> Create Packages with Custom Email Limits) being unchecked, when the reseller goes to create a new package, the the Maximum Hourly Email by Domain Relayed is grayed out but set to 0. Subsequent creations or upgrade/downgrades of accounts to this new package changes MAX_EMAIL_PER_HOUR in /var/cpanel/users/%user% to 0.

The expected behavior would be to see 100 in a grayed out box when the reseller goes to create a package, thus setting the MAX_EMAIL_PER_HOUR in /var/cpanel/users/%user% to 100. (Or whatever the root administrator has defined as the default max sending limit).

I am seeing this behavior on cPanel 82.0.15.

I'm not sure when this issue popped up. It looks lime some where between cPanel 78 and cPanel 82 creating a package as a reseller filled in the MAX_EMAIL_PER_HOUR variable in /var/cpanel/packages/%resellerusername%_%packagename%... which is set to 0.

In cPanel 78 the MAX_EMAIL_PER_HOUR variable does not appear to get set in /var/cpanel/packages/%resellerusername%_%packagename%, so one would assume that when an account is created in cPanel 78, the system default value for the max hourly sending limits would be drawn from the /var/cpanel/cpanel.config file.

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I recommend reporting this issue via a support ticket so we can take a closer look at an affected system. You can post the ticket number here and we'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.