The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlimited Quotas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yky, Apr 5, 2004.

1. yky

yky Registered

Hi,

I've tried searching your forums but could'nt get wat i was looking for. I'm a new reseller who is using WHM to setup acounts. Everything is working fine except when i try to change the number of (mysql, subdomains, email, ftp, mailing lists, parked domain) to UNLIMITED it puts a 0 and wont allow to create any of these features in CPanel. I've been told by the company who i got the reseller account that its a WHM issue. is IT ?

can someone help me

thanks,

YKY.

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Assuming the company you got your reseller account from allows you to create "unlimited" features. You may want to use a large integer (i.e. 9999) instead of the word unlimited.

3. yky

yky Registered

is it a WHM issue or my hosting company disabled this feature ?

if its disabled how can one enable it so the resellers can use the "unlimited" feature. ?

Many thanks

YKY

4. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Could be either or. There have been some issues with whm/cpanel where for certain features, it does not like the word unlimited. As well, when your reseller account was setup, it is possible that your host did not enable "unlimited" features for your specific account.

5. yky

yky Registered

Thanks bama,

i found this bit of info when i create a new package. I would like to know what this means.

I think its the module/update number, and if so is this is the latest update ?

Using redhat 7.1/mdk 8.0
    Using new quota support
    (uid 321 10240 10240 ):

Many Thanks

YKY

6. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Some updates of Cpanel cause the word unlimited to have issues. A solution to this is to set things to 9999 instead of unlimited. You will have some customers complain that it is a set number instead of the word, but it will resolve the issue permanently. The other way which is what we do most of the time is when a customer complains that it is giving them 0 with unlimited selected is to just manually adjust that one account. It always fixes itself in the next update.