The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrecognized vhost: example.com

Discussion in 'Security' started by abs0lut3, Jul 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. abs0lut3

abs0lut3 Member

Hello.

Today i'm faced with the same error as described here - A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive

When i'm press the button to check user account in AutoSSL interface following error appears in a log:

and user's expired certs aren't updated :(

The important thing to mention - this user's addon domain is hosted under different IP then the main one. Maybe this is the cause...
    It was done strictly following instructions from the official documentation.

Domain is present in user cPanel interface as addon domain and all working fine, exept above :(

Please, help!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @abs0lut3,

It's possible this relates to an issue that's fixed in cPanel version 66:

Fixed case CPANEL-14147: Treat main userdata file as authoritative when fetching SSL web vhosts.

However, with the separate IP address for the addon domain name, it's a good idea for us to take a closer look. Would you mind opening a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can rule out any issues with that configuration?

Thank you.

3. abs0lut3

abs0lut3 Member

Thank you for an answer.

Raised a support ticket with ID 8719685 per your request.

Waiting this to be fixed for me, because certs are still expired and only CloudFlare's shared certs helps the websites to work :(

Thanks!

#3 abs0lut3, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, the issue stemmed from an incorrect "servername" entry in the "/var/cpanel/userdata/username/subdomain.domain.tld" file associated with the addon domain name in-question. EX:

Code:
    servername: addon-domain.tld
    The userdata file was updated to correctly reflect the subdomain name associated with the addon domain name:

Code:
    servername: subdomain.parent-domain.tld
    The AutoSSL check then completed well after running "/scripts/rebuildhttpdconf" to rebuild the Apache configuration file. Note that we plan to remove this document as it's no longer required now that SNI support is widely available.

Thank you.