Unresponsive PHP-FPM & chkservd active

e0xbr

Jul 7, 2011
Hello guys,

I'm facing a issue with a customer's server using latest cPanel + PHP 5.6 + PHP-FPM Handler.
Eventually, when a access peak happens, PHP-FPM gets unresponsive and not load the website content.

chkservd is enabled to check PHP-FPM service but as I can see, chkservd does not note for php-fpm service fault, maybe the service is active but not responsive.

To fix this issue , I have to run /scripts/restartsrv_apache_php_fpm
Even using "--check" flag when the website is unresponsive, I get "The 'apache_php_fpm' service passed the check."

There's something probably wrong while checking if the service is really UP (and working)

Tried to look for php-fpm error logs, but all paths from this doc:
The cPanel Log Files - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Doesn't exists, like this one "/var/cpanel/php-fpm/USER/logs/slow.log" and this one "/var/cpanel/php-fpm/USER/logs/error.log", as you can see:

# ls -l /var/cpanel/php-fpm/
total 28
drwxr-x--x. 5 root root 4096 Apr 5 00:16 ./
drwx--x--x. 97 root root 12288 May 12 13:19 ../
drwxr-x---. 3 root cpanelphpmyadmin 4096 Apr 5 00:16 cpanelphpmyadmin/
drwxr-x---. 3 root cpanelphppgadmin 4096 Apr 5 00:16 cpanelphppgadmin/
drwxr-x---. 3 root cpanelroundcube 4096 Apr 5 00:16

The trash way I found to "FIX" this issue was with a cronjob every 30 minutes to check if service is healthy..

if curl -s --head --request GET http://www.customer-website.com.br/wp-admin/ | grep "302 " > /dev/null; then
echo "Webiste is UP"
else
echo "Website is DOWN"
echo "<?php mail('[email protected]','Website down','restart service'); ?>" | php
/scripts/restartsrv_apache_php_fpm
fi

--------

Is there someone suffering of this kind of issue as well?
Any help will be appreciated

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system?

Thank you.