The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unrouteable email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dhost, Mar 27, 2003.

1. dhost

dhost Active Member

No, Jessica. The last note on the ticket says it was escalated to a senior tech. I called yesterday and asked that someone look into it or at least give me an update -- that was my last contact with them. It seems that it should be such an easy solution but it appears that after updating cPanel quite a few people are having problems with email. Maybe they're working on a solution and that's why no one has responded.

I'll keep you updated.

2. Jessica

Jessica Member

Please do. We're losing faith with a good client. No matter what we try Mailman fails. We got Mojo up and running (an earlier version that supports group mail) and it wont run properly either.

Jess

3. Easy

Easy Member

This is happening on a mailman mail list with several hundred addresses. 50+ receive the unrouteable email, a bounce is reported. Complaints of not receiving email. Also attempts to email right after mailman sends out emails gets the unrouteable mail domain' message. Several weeks ago this was working fine.

How can the 50+ bounced email addresses be easily reset?

4. dhost

dhost Active Member

I'm not sure how it happened I only know that it happened immediately after updating to cPanel 6.2. I submitted a ticket and a cPanel tech started working on it several days ago and said that somehow "sendmail" was enabled which interferred with exim so adjustments were made but the problem remains. I called cPanel a couple of days ago and was told that the ticket had been escalated to a senior programmer but apparently it's either not a priority or a resolution is still being worked on -- I'm not sure since no one has responded in several days.

5. EcpHosting

EcpHosting Well-Known Member

Yep, sounds like we may get a fix in oh... maybe a few months.

6. dhost

dhost Active Member

unrouteable mail

We have fixed ours. The sys-admin reinstalled the previous working version of exim after upgrading cPanel/WHM again and reinstalled sendmail (which cPanel tech removed) and everything works. Although it was a backwards fix it works. Hopefully, the next upgrade will take care of the root of these problems.

7. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you are getting the unroutable error it is generally because you disabled letting the nobody user send to remote domains. This is almost always a bad idea execpt in extereme cases

8. jrf

jrf Well-Known Member

MOJO file owners

I have Mojo working on many of my domains. However, whenever I do a server to server transfer using password, Mojo stops working. The files all transfer, I can see them all, but Mojo wont run.

After reading through the Mojo help files and forums, it appears the problem is that Mojo during instalation changes the owner of many of the files from the customer to Mojo or some other own name. When the transfer (or upgrade) takes place, the owner name is reset to the customer account name.

I have no idea what files should have what owner names in Mojo, I have not yet dived into this issue. Has anyone else delt with this and have any quick advice for me, as this item is moving up on my list again.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

9. jrf

jrf Well-Known Member

bump for my reply directly above

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: