The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unrouteable mail domain - please help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Al Capone, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Al Capone

Al Capone Registered

Hello,

I run a big website witch sends a lot of mail (by php). I get the error "unrouteable mail domain (host)" a lot, it seems that only 40% arrives.

I`ve asked my host about this, but they react very slow and don`t really seem te care.. I`ve searched google for hours but didnt really find something, only some tweak settings, but its not my server so I cant use them.

So i signed up at this forum, my last hope :( do you have any idea how I can fix this problem?

Problems occur with every host, im certain that i include the correct headers.

Im a linux newbie but do know a lot about php

Thanks in advance

Jelke Schippers
    (Holland)

2. ekaram

ekaram Member

Hi,

I have the same problem... and the same luck as you. I even tried asking cpanel for support and got "we do not 3rd party scripts", although this problem seems to happen on many cpanel servers, and the "3rd party" scripts work perfectly on non-cpanel servers.

Anywho...

3. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

I have found 95% of the unrouteable email is because the
    sending server does not have Reverse DNS, MX records are incorrect or do not exist. Also, the configuration if you have limits in your tweak settings for out going mail per hour will also give the "unrouteable" error.

Hope this helps