The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsuspend not unsuspending

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AusJeff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. AusJeff

AusJeff Active Member

I've searched for this topic, but mostly nobody replies or the other things tried didn't work such as /scripts/fixquotas

A site was put into suspension after exceeding bandwidth (mind you the customer and I got the 80% warning and HAS exceededboth in the same second).

I have unsuspended and upgraded the account and still nothing. I've manually chmod 755 his public_html and so forth but still Error 509.

I've rebooted the machine just for the fun of it and nothing.

What does WHM/CPanel do when you suspend and unsuspend an account? - Is it a cronjob that runs once in a while to release anything you unsuspended an hour ago ?

This is such a pain.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. compunet2

compunet2 Well-Known Member

1. Increase his bandwidth to a number above what he exceeded (NOT through modi-package, but through modi-bandwidth).

OR

2. From WHM, click "Unsuspend all bandwidth exceeders".

When cPanel suspends an account for exceeding bandwidth, its not actually 'suspended' in the same sense as a true 'suspended' account. So clicking 'unsuspend' will do nothing.

If given enough time, the account will naturally unsuspend when it goes though its quota checks. The frequency of this is set through tweek settings.

#2 compunet2, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2004