Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

untrusted_set_sender

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by compunet2, May 1, 2003.

1. compunet2

compunet2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard of an 'untrusted_set_sender' in the Exim configuration file? What would adding that do exactly? Thanks.

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Sure. It's used in conjuntion with the -f parameter in exim to allow otherwise untrusted users (those who are not in the trusted_users group, which includes almost everyone) to statically set the sender in the envelope of a locally generated message - that is, it allows any local user where the From matches the local data set on the system to change the return path of a message. What would setting it do? Not much, for most people and scripts, since they would not be using the -f option. It might be handy to test out on a nonproduction box to see if it would solve certain types of issues, like the neomail issue of bounces going to the default mailbox (via the return-path set when a message is created) instead of the actual sender of the message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. compunet2

Could you tell me where to find the Exim configuration file? Thanks.

Ed

4. howard

howard Well-Known Member

its in /etc named exim.conf

5. compunet2

Well... I found the exim.conf in the etc directory (runtime config. file for Exim), however I can't find untrusted_set_sender anywhere in there..... Is it in there, or some other file?

Ed

6. 5stars

5stars Active Member

I'm trying to do exactly the contrary, to get rid of it.
    1 out of 2 e-mails will end up in the Mail Queue Manager , it's driving me crazy, could this seting with the untrusted sender be the cause?