The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

untrusted_set_sender

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by compunet2, May 1, 2003.

1. compunet2

compunet2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard of an 'untrusted_set_sender' in the Exim configuration file? What would adding that do exactly? Thanks.

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Sure. It's used in conjuntion with the -f parameter in exim to allow otherwise untrusted users (those who are not in the trusted_users group, which includes almost everyone) to statically set the sender in the envelope of a locally generated message - that is, it allows any local user where the From matches the local data set on the system to change the return path of a message. What would setting it do? Not much, for most people and scripts, since they would not be using the -f option. It might be handy to test out on a nonproduction box to see if it would solve certain types of issues, like the neomail issue of bounces going to the default mailbox (via the return-path set when a message is created) instead of the actual sender of the message.

3. compunet2

Could you tell me where to find the Exim configuration file? Thanks.

Ed

4. howard

howard Well-Known Member

its in /etc named exim.conf

5. compunet2

Well... I found the exim.conf in the etc directory (runtime config. file for Exim), however I can't find untrusted_set_sender anywhere in there..... Is it in there, or some other file?

Ed

6. 5stars

5stars Active Member

I'm trying to do exactly the contrary, to get rid of it.
    1 out of 2 e-mails will end up in the Mail Queue Manager , it's driving me crazy, could this seting with the untrusted sender be the cause?