The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up the drive space warning threshold?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edstout, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edstout

edstout Member

Hi,

Im basically getting emails literally every 10mins saying im 82% used on certain drives. Even though ive disabled the notifications for email boxes, and drive space. Tried upgrading cpanel etc, nothing seems to work! Am using standard cpanel theme btw.

So how can i turned them off totally? Or better still up it to say 95% rather than 80%.

Cheers,

Ed

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It's not clear from what you have posted as to whether you are getting emails for disk drives running out of space, or for user disk quota messages. If it's the former, then you need to clean up those drives.

The disk drive space checking is, I believe, done by chkservd which you could edit if you want, but which will be overwritten by a cPanel update. You could also try a forced update to see if that would fix the repeated emails if there's a fix to chkservd:

/scripts/upcp --force

3. edstout

edstout Member

so i cant use a drive with it being over 80% full without getting annoying emails? Thats silly! Should be user editable, after all everyones needs are different!

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's how cPanel have it configured. If you want something different log an enhancement request in bugzilla.

5. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

These dang emails are driving us crazy, getting around 1400 a day from this crap, used to you would get one and then you would not get any others. Now get the dang things every 3 to 8 minutes, this really needs to be fixed.

6. trakwebster

trakwebster Well-Known Member

Damn the Emails to Eternal Hellation!

Have to agree.

It's so annoying to have to delete hundreds of these emails every time I check any email at all. This is a really silly default behavior.

By the way, this wasn't the default behavior observed in the past. We've only experienced this avalance of identical warnings during the last month or so. Previously, we received one sedate and appropriate message per day.

We have *less* space in use on the drive in question, so it's not a matter of our usage going up and thus triggering more messages. We've run that drive as full as 94% with one message per day, and we run it now at 86% and it sends two messages every four to seven minutes. Note that this is not some 10 minute cycle, and it sends two each time.

Makes no sense.

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

So, have you logged it or checked whether it has been logged and voted for it?

8. RedFutura

RedFutura Well-Known Member

This exact thing is happening on one of our servers. We get one email warning each 10 minutes. We used to get one warning per day.

9. rprix

rprix Member

same here with several servers, is a little annoying.

This should be 1 daily email like before

10. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

This is really getting old a fricking email every 8 minutes. Please fix this.

11. edstout

edstout Member

even when i turn off the disk space notifications from the tweak settings, i still get them!!

12. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I've just done a search in bugzilla and it appears none have you have bothered logging this. If you have, my apologies, but post the link so that others can vote. If not, then stop bumping the thread as it serves no purpose.

13. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

same here with several servers, it's a big annoying.
    This should be 1 daily email like before , and there should be something to set the limit.

regarding bugtrack : latest time I opened a bugtrack it was evalutated after 6 months and never solved. I am sure cpanel admins are reading this forum , for this reason I use the forum .

#13 Radio_Head, Aug 10, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  14. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No, the forum is the wrong place. Since no-one is that concerned about the issue to let cPanel know, I'll close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.