damainman

Nov 13, 2003
Okay i just tried to update my cpanel to the latest release using /scripts/upcp. Everything seemed to good, but as a habbit i always run /scripts/upcp right after i update to make sure everything was updated properly.

Now i'm seeing something weird that i never seen happen before. When i run /scripts/upcp after the update i get messages saying CP is fetching files:

Now I found that strange so i ran /scripts/upcp again.. and instead of saying it was fetching those files.. it said:

receiving file list ... done
./
DIp.pm
bsdldconfig
cPanelBSDPKGS.pm
cPanelPerl.pm
cPanelRPM.pm
checkgd
ensurepkg2
exim4
fixetchosts
fixndc
ftpup
installgd
installpkg
installport.pl
makecpphp
restartsrv_ftpserver
sysup
upcp
wrote 1716 bytes read 24491 bytes 17471.33 bytes/sec
total size is 2251618 speedup is 85.92
Now if i run upcp again, i get the fetching file messages. If i run upcp again after that the i receive the fetching file list again, such as in the second quote. It's like a loop.

Is this normal, or is something not installing properly?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

philb

Jan 28, 2004
Yeah, something's weirding out.

Release now uses the httpupdate method you see, and STABLE still uses rsync - for whatever reason upcp (or something else) is removing the indicator file that says it should use httpupdate, and then when you next run is replacing it again.

I presume every time you run it it downloads something at present?

sv1

Aug 31, 2003
What I did was switched back to CURRENT build and ran all updates via WHM and restarted cpsrvd from shell and everything works fine now.

damainman

Nov 13, 2003
Thank you for your suggestion sv1, but i think we are having diffferent issues. I read your post, and I'm not receiving all those errors you were receiving.

The only problems i'm encountering is what i posted above.

Thank you for the help though :)

damainman

Nov 13, 2003
Okay, just updated to the latest release. The issue i was having above went away, however I needed to run /scripts/upcp 3 times, because each time it grabbed new files. Then it stopped, so i guess it finally updated everything. However shouldn't it update everything the first time, instead of me having to run /scripts/upcp 3 times to get all the files?