The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upcp, cpbackup times changes don't stick

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by dabro, Jun 17, 2010.

1. dabro

dabro Registered

I have tried to change the times my WHM control panel has for upcp an cpbackup. It defaults to 4:00 pm in the afternoon. I can change it in WHM using the "Config Cpanel Cron Times" plugin. It appears to change but will revert back to the default in a short time. I can edit "crontab -e" in an SSH Root terminal session and it appears changed but reverts in a short period of time. I'm on a VPS system running Centos 5.5, WHM 11.25.0 - X3.9, Cpanel 11.25.0.-R46156. I updated cpanel and it didn't help. My VPS was recently upgraded form Centos 4 to this new node. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. TSJaysonG

TSJaysonG Registered
    PartnerNOC

When you say "4:00 pm in the afternoon" do you mean server time or local time? Could be that your servers Time Zone does not reflect your local time zone.

3. dabro

dabro Registered

It appears synced

I have set the timezone in the control panel to my local time. It runs upcp at 4:00pm, my local time just at it is set. It appears some script is running and resetting the time to 4:00pm regardless of what I set it to in the control panel. Thanks for the reply.