The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPCP Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sHORTYWZ, Dec 14, 2004.

1. sHORTYWZ

sHORTYWZ Well-Known Member

I've found multiple posts about this but non seem to apply to me - I'm using Chirpy's mailscanner install and I have the queue_override line in my exim.conf yet as of 11/1/04 I haven't received an upcp nightly email.

I am still getting my logwatch emails as well as all other cpanel emails (new accounts, etc) - are there any other common things that stop this email from being sent?

I am running 9.9.9-C12.

Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Make sure that you have the following line in the first textbox in the WHM > Exim Configuration Editor > Advanced Mode:

queue_only_override = false

3. sHORTYWZ

Yup, it's there.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I know it seems obvious, but is WHM > Change System Mail Preferences, set correctly? Even if it is, you could hit change on root's mail to re-set it.

5. netlook

netlook Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Can I use

queue_only_override = false

when I'm not using MailScanner (only ClamAV)?

Thank you

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I don't believe there's any advantage to using it if you don't have MailScanner, so there wouldn't be any point :)

7. sHORTYWZ

Now that backup and upcp have been split it becomes even more weird.

I get the backup messages now.. yet still nothing from upcp.

I tried running a manual UPCP and found that the script hangs running sync.. pulled this from a ps -aux:

root 330 1.2 0.3 4580 3148 pts/1 S 22:18 0:00 /usr/bin/perl /scripts/cpanelsync httpupdate.cpanel.net /cpanelsync/CURRENT/3rdparty /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty

it will sit there and do the '.........' thing over and over.. let it run for an hour and it was still scrolling until I ctlr-c'd it out.

Does have this line near the end.. which I would imagine means it's emailing?

Added Contact admin@studentwebsolutions.com

Any ideas?

#7 sHORTYWZ, Jan 1, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  8. spiff06

spiff06 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Haven't received an UPCP log in ages. Probably server load (?) during the update process.

UPDATE: Ah well, the "queue_only_override = false" isn't present in my exim.conf, even though I'm positive I put it in there a while ago. Waiting for the next update to kick in now...

#8 spiff06, Jan 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  9. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

I get upcp logs all the time, server load isnt an issue for me, frankly i dont think server load would stop you getting upcp logs. Probably it could be the fact that you dont have your contact email set in server setup?

Regards,
    Brent

10. spiff06

spiff06 Well-Known Member

As I said, I put the queue_only_override back into the config and now have to wait until tomorrow morning to be able to tell whether that did anything.

Email config is properly set up. I actually did receive one UPCP message at unawares about a month ago. The reason why I suspected server load was because just before I stopped receiving the logs, UPCP scripts started timing out during server backup ("waiting for the load to go down to continue").

UPDATE - it worked: just got the UPCP log in the mail.

#10 spiff06, Jan 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  11. sHORTYWZ

Still no luck with me.. I'm getting EVERY other email regarding the server (including the backup one - which uses the contact email).. time to open up a ticket I think.

12. gemininetcom

gemininetcom Active Member

Here same !!

Exim Configuration Editor shows on first line "queue_only_override = false" and also "contact e-mail" is properly set, proof is that I received "cpbackup" e-mail and the stupid 'ip-check" e-mail over and over again. If "cpbackup" log is received, then also "upcp" log, using same contact e-mail address, should be submitted. But NO.

Received last upcp e-mail on Wednesday Jan 5th. It comes and goes at irrgular intervals which can not be explained by normal standards. :confused: