The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upcp fails server at securitycheck

Discussion in 'Security' started by richy, Apr 5, 2005.

1. richy

richy Well-Known Member

Whilst running upcp today to cpanel 10.1.0-E5 (and one to cPanel 10.1.0-C4) via WHM, it managed to "kill" 7 off our servers (the rest were unaffected) whilst doing the "securitycheck" - loads went above 1000 (one of the servers showed "cleanupphpmycha.." something at 55.3% load).

One of the machines was RedHat 8.0 i686, all others were RedHat Enterprise 3. The RH8 machine is based with ukdedicated and the others with ServerMatrix. Unaffected machines were RedHat Enterprise 3, Fedora i686 and RedHat 9 i686 based.

Since that kinda rules out DC and OS-specific problems, it looks like a fault with the upgrade system somehow. Anyone else experienced this very very annoying issue which required hard rebooting of 7 machines?

2. TIMESWAY

TIMESWAY Registered

Hello I am having the same problem with my servers which have RHE LINUX 3.0.

I cant even login to WHM as root as it freezes the server and crash them and running cpup --force from shell also freezes the machine. Only hard-reset to get it back online.

any updates how to fix the problem

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Since it's happened to others, I'd suggest that you log it with cPanel if you haven't already so that they're aware that there may be a problem.

4. richy

richy Well-Known Member