Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED upcp failure notification - quotacheck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uk01, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Hi incase like me anyone else is searching for "E Post Maintenance ended, however it did not exit cleanly (256)" with the v68 upgrade.

I also got the error but mine was shown with the E flag

[2017-11-01 19:47:24 +0000] E [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/quotacheck] The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/quotacheck” command (process 3461) reported error number 255 when it ended.

I had to increase a users quota, then force the update again, then put the quota back down. Luckily only on one server, but we shouldn't have to do this. Some users keep hitting the quota and won't upgrade so they leave it full.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @uk01,

I setup a test account on a server running cPanel version 68, verified the account was over it's disk space quota limit, and then attempted to reproduce the issue through the use of the following commands:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp
    /scripts/quotacheck
    However, these commands did not result in any errors. Could you manually run "/scripts/quotacheck" on the system when an account is at it's quota limit and let us know the output? Or, simply open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. If you open a ticket, post the ticket number here and I'll make sure it's handled right away so we can rule out an issue with cPanel 68.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 cPanelMichael, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

To update, I was able to reproduce this issue after further testing. Internal case CPANEL-16729 is now open to address an issue where servers with "Enable mailbox usage warnings" set to "On" receive an upcp failure notification in cPanel 68 due to "/scripts/quotacheck" exiting with an error when attempting to generate a new "/home/$user-over-quota/mail/$domain/$email-user/maildirsize" file when the associated cPanel user is at it's quota limit. I'll monitor the case and update this thread with the outcome once it's complete. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to increase the quota for the affected user, or set "Enable mailbox usage warnings" to "Off" in "WHM >> Tweak Settings".

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

To update, this is fixed in cPanel version 68.0.12:

Fixed case CPANEL-16729: Handle quota errors when C::Email::DiskUsage locks maildirsize.

Thank you.

miguelsotobaez likes this.
  5. miguelsotobaez

miguelsotobaez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks!! i have the same issue and now its gone.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  6. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Just noticed this thread was moved, so I didn't get updated. Thanks for the update/fix cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael likes this.