The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upcp --force just sits there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishfreek, Aug 23, 2006.

1. fishfreek

fishfreek Well-Known Member

Im trying to update a server and it says

And then just sits there. Mysql is down, apache is down, so its kind of critical it get done this update.

2. fishfreek

More info. Looks like a cpanel issue. ill try to contact support directly.

3. fishfreek

Now I think its a local dns issue on the server. WHM will not come up nor will any domain on the system. I cant update using upcp --force as it cant resolve host names to IP's and I cant resart named on the system.

4. elliotcooper

elliotcooper Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It looks like you system is no longer able to contact the resolvers that are set in:

/etc/resolv.conf

You need to take a look in that file and see what's there. It should contain the hostnames of the local nameservers that you host provided you with. If there is nothing there then you need to contact them and ask them what they are. If they are there then you still need to contact them to find out why they are inaccessible/non-functional.

If you have this set to localhost or 127.0.0.1 then make sure that bind is running on the system, try this:

/etc/init.d/named start

You can test if it worked by running:

host cpanel.net

if this returns an IP then you should be able to complete the upcp.

5. fishfreek

That is what I have figured out. Teh resolv.conf file just had the domain and the nameserver of the localhost and named was not wanting to start correctly. I grabbed the DNS servers from another server with the samehost and tried ot restart named and it failed the first time but after waiting a little bit I was able to get the upcp --force process to start working.

I have to wait for it to finish now to see if WHM comes back online or not as its unaccessable with both IP and domain name/