Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

UPCP mail: "Mail failure - message too big" how to fix?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Miss Jacky, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Miss Jacky

Miss Jacky Well-Known Member

Hi,

I don't receive the daily (nightly) mail from /scripts/upcp anymore, instead I get a mail delivery message "Mail failure - message too big"

"A message that you sent was longer than the maximum size allowed on this system. It was not delivered to any recipients."

How can I configure this maximum body size in Exim so the UPCP mail gets through? Or is there another solution?

thanks in advance!

2. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=48068

The above works for me.
    Putting it in exim would increase the size for just about every domain on server.
    I did it for some other reasons. Few clients in fact wanted more than the exim default and many wanted less than the default.

Anup

3. Miss Jacky

Miss Jacky Well-Known Member

thanks for your reply

the thing is, the mail from the upcp script isn't such a big mail, it has no big attachments, but it's the body itself that has become too big, I think I need a seperate way to enlarge the limit of the mail body, or am I completely wrong?