The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upcp removing chattr +i?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TSS-grunt, Aug 4, 2007.

1. TSS-grunt

TSS-grunt Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I always do chattr +i on exim.conf when I edit it to prevent accidently overwriting it. It seems that when cpanel issues an update now it removes the +i and overwrites the config. Is there a reason for this? It is rather annoying especially since cpanel's version accepts a bunch of crap ( such as invalid helo's ) that it shouldnt accept.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It does remove immutable flags, otherwise (as has happened in the past) messing around with cPanel configuration files, which includes the exim configuration, the exim setup with break.

If you need to make changes, put them into the Exim Configuration Editor, it's what it is there for. Especially, for ACL changes which you are referring to.

3. TSS-grunt

TSS-grunt Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thanks for the response chirpy. I figured that was the reason its just annoying since I usualy do everything from ssh and I hadnt backed up the conf with tha changes so had to redo it lol I guess I will just have to remember to do stuff like that thru whm so it doesnt get overwritten

:cool: