The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upcp reset SSL certs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rs-cpanel, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rs-cpanel

rs-cpanel Registered

When checkec my email this morning, I got a warning that my server SSL cert had changed. Once I got my email the upcp mail that ran this morning was odd.. it was 3 weeks late, from Dec 13. I checked my logs, and I didn't receive an email for 12/13. According to the email, cpanel was upgraded:

Installed Version: 9.9.9-RELEASE_10
    Newest Version: 9.9.9-RELEASE_14

The date of /usr/local/cpanel/etc/cpanel.pem is one minute before the email was sent. Just wondering if cpanel really updated the cert, or if my system may have been compromised.

I'm surprised that a script would update the cert,...

Also, is there someplace with a changelog for leases, so I can see what's new?

2. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

The cpanel changelog is at http://layer1.cpanel.net/Changelog.cgi and I have ssl certs that i have on my box have not been harmed, and i update regulary. I wouldnt say your box is compromised, could just be a bug in that release. Because honestly, if you had access to someones box would you bother screwing their ssl certs?

Regards,
    Brent