The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upcp stuck on "Setting up ip startup..."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maysoft, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. maysoft

    maysoft Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2005
    Messages:
    64
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    SOLUTION: upcp stuck on "Setting up ip startup..."

    This is not the first time I see this...

    [root@****]# /scripts/upcp
    Updating /scripts...
    Sync Source: http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/RELEASE/scripts
    Fetching http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/RELEASE/scripts/.cpanelsync.lock (0)....@75.126.236.226......connected......receiving......Done
    Fetching http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/RELEASE/scripts/.cpanelsync.bz2 (0)....@75.126.236.226......connected......receiving...24%...48%...72%...96%...100%......Done
    ...Done
    Checking and Repairing System Package Setup......Done
    Setting up ip startup...


    And that's it. It just sits there.

    Server load is almost zero. Did not change any settings. I have tried killing upcp and starting upcp over... no change.

    Any thoughts?


    EDIT: Solution found!
    To be able to run upcp from shell, all you have to do is to cd /scripts before running it :D

    cd /scripts
    ./upcp


    Enjoy! :)
     
    #1 maysoft, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. chirpy

    chirpy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2002
    Messages:
    13,475
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Go on, have a guess
    Check the update logs when it's running (there could be one or two) in /var/cpanel/updatelogs

    If nothing it apparent there, try rurning strace on the active thread of the upcp process to see what it is doing.
     
  3. maysoft

    maysoft Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2005
    Messages:
    64
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    /var/cpanel/updatelogs/update.1194271031.log :

    Checking and Repairing System Package Setup......Done
    Setting up ip startup...


    [root@***]# ps aux | grep upcp
    root 7941 0.0 0.2 10280 5064 pts/2 S+ 08:57 0:00 cPanel Update (upcp) - Master
    root 7956 0.0 0.2 10280 4336 ? Ss 08:57 0:00 cPanel Update (upcp) - Slave
    root 9840 0.0 0.0 4572 640 pts/1 S+ 09:00 0:00 grep upcp


    strace -p 7941 :

    nanosleep({1, 0}, {1, 0}) = 0
    time(NULL) = 1194271351
    waitpid(7956, 0xbfe212c8, WNOHANG) = 0
    read(4, "", 4096) = 0
    time(NULL) = 1194271351
    rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [CHLD], [], 8) = 0
    rt_sigaction(SIGCHLD, NULL, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0
    rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
    nanosleep({1, 0}, {1, 0}) = 0
    time(NULL) = 1194271352
    waitpid(7956, 0xbfe212c8, WNOHANG) = 0
    read(4, "", 4096) = 0
    time(NULL) = 1194271352
    rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [CHLD], [], 8) = 0
    rt_sigaction(SIGCHLD, NULL, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0
    rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0

    ... (repeats every second)



    strace -p 7956
    Process 7956 attached - interrupt to quit
    read(5,

    (no more output for several minutes)...


    When I did strace -f /scripts/upcp, I've got the update running (!?):

    Checking and Repairing System Package Setup......Done
    Setting up ip startup......Done
    Configuring editors......Done
    Creating symlinks for common binaries......Done
    Setting Clock...rdate: timeout for rdate.cpanel.net
    ...Done
    Running Env Auto Repair...quota test: repquota exited with signal 0 (ok)
    Requesting script ... Done
    Auto Repair is running...
    io_compress_gzip has already been run.

    spamd_dbm_fix has already been run.
    ...Auto Repair is done.
    ...Done
    Running Cleanups...



    So I could not capture the moment where it stuck. I then killed upcp again, and tried to run it normally, with no luck:

    Checking and Repairing System Package Setup......Done
    Setting up ip startup...

    Tried several times... It is working under strace, but does not work when I just run /scripts/upcp.

    Then I've tried to run it via the WHM (never tried before)... and it worked!!!

    So... It is working fine under strace OR under WHM and does not run when I launch it normally via the command line...

    Yikes! :D
     
  4. maysoft

    maysoft Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2005
    Messages:
    64
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Solution to this problem has been found. I have modified my first post.
     
Loading...

Share This Page