yapluka

Dec 24, 2003
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I tried to open a ticket but got an Internal Server error on the page https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi :(

Am I the only one affected by the last cpanel update ? Looks like it's the same problem already reported here regarding the image::button. Problem is the upcp made my servers become unresponsive for a good while due to a very high load (up to 280+ on a PentiumD 915 with 2gb ram) while running this process :

6376 root 18 0 2602m 892m 236 D 3.0 91.1 0:16.48 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpcpan_check_installed Image::Butt

Then this one :
31712 root 18 0 2591m 924m 360 D 2.7 94.4 0:18.06 /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL

One of my servers even crashed and had to be rebooted.

I temp disabled the auto-update on all servers running cpanel 11 but I hope a prompt resolution...

BryanSD

Apr 10, 2006
I'm having many problems tonight. Any chance you're running on CENTOS 4.5? This is just darn frustrating...

yapluka

Dec 24, 2003
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Running:

/scripts/installmagick
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules
/scripts/upcp

solved all mine problems (also centO S4.5)
/scripts/installimagemagick was not a good idea as I was having the same issue with the perl process taking up all the memory.
A manual uninstall then reinstall of imagemagick did do the trick. Today's gonna be a busy day :rolleyes:

whitewlf

Jan 14, 2006
Having same Image::ButtonMaker issue

But to add to it, I am getting yum complaining and stopping all OS updates due to:

Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.14 is needed by package perl-DBD-MySQL
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.14 is needed by package dovecot
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.14(libmysqlclient_14) is needed by package dovecot
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.14 is needed by package MySQL-python
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.14(libmysqlclient_14) is needed by package MySQL-python

I ended up manually updating and excluding those files to get the rest of the system updated, which it is doing currently... Tried a manual symbolic link duplicating libmysqlclient_r.so.14 from libmysqlclient_r.so.15, but that didn't help. Cpanel's exclusion of mysql from yum is not going to allow updating mysql, and I fear creating massive problems by trying to force install it in there, obviously.

But the image::button problem is there for me too, and high load for no reason.

WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.2.14-C12311
CENTOS Enterprise 4.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0, MySql 5.0.27, php 5.1.6

Yum completed the rest of the files just now, btw. But it still has the mysql dependency errors.

/scripts/installimagemagick failed just now, too.

make: *** [Magick.o] Error 1
JCRISTY/PerlMagick-6.32.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make -- NOT OK

CPAN: YAML loaded ok (v0.62)
Running make install
Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
perlmod--Install done
ImageMagick installed ok
ImageMagick installed ok

Though the other two /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules
/scripts/upcp completed without errors, except for the yum updates above.