The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPCP Won't Update Current Releases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PanelGuy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. PanelGuy

PanelGuy Well-Known Member

I have heard about a lock file that will prevent updates. How do I go about removing or editing this file to stop this, Unless I use Edge, my Current is stuck at 10.8.2-C118.

I remember reading hear about a file that locks Auto-Install upgrading, but can't seem to find that message now.

I tried a force and manual, but received the same result.

By all means any clues or help are GREATLY appreciated!

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

At present, 10.8.2-C118 is the latest CURRENT release - you can't upgrade to anything newer within the CURRENT tree until another CURRENT is built.

3. PanelGuy

Thank you

OK, that means my going to Edge then back fixed it. It just seemed like it hadn't becuase the version numbers are so very different.

Thanks!

Do you know a better way to fix the lockout then having to go to Edge and back?

4. webignition

I don't see what the problem is.

There's no 'lock file that prevents updates' per se. If you've set your update config in WHM to use the CURRENT tree, you installation won't be upgraded until a new CURRENT build is released.

It's simply the case that since you were using the most recent CURRENT build you couldn't upgrade because there was nothing newer to which you could upgrade.

5. PanelGuy

Update Locking

Yeah, there is a lock file to prevent updates. I read all about it, but cannot find the thread now, and I know I was locked at one time, just not sure what locked it. How long has it been since the last current update?

6. webignition

Whether there's a lock file is neither here nor there in your case as you were unable to upgrade due to there simply being nothing newer to which you could upgrade.

i.e. You have 10.8.2-C118 and the latest CURRENT build is 10.8.2-C118 -> no upgrade possible!

Check http://layer2.cpanel.net/ for the latest build information.