Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Update and restart server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samuelmf, Apr 4, 2018.

1. samuelmf

samuelmf Well-Known Member

Hi i peformed a kernel update on my server and on my whm i get a yellow message that i must restart yo apply kernel and software updates.

My question is: that kernel update has been updated server software too? (Like apache, PHP and MySQL)

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Only kernel updates require a reboot, everything else like Apache, MySQL, Exim, etc, etc, just requires a restart of the actual service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. samuelmf

samuelmf Well-Known Member

Thanks for reply but exactly i want to know if i restart the server it updates the mentionated software

4. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thank you @Jcats that is correct you restart to boot into the new kernel and the software updates on their own shouldn't require a reboot.

If you confirm that you are using the most up to date kernel and you're still seeing that message please feel free to open a ticket with us using the link in my signature so that we can look into the issue further.

If you do open a ticket please update this ticket with the number so that we can track the ticket's progress as well.

Thank you!