Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update automatique

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oualid, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oualid

Oualid Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    in WHM, the default parameter of update (cpanel and Operating System Package) is "automatique", To avoid any problem after updating, i want to assist to the update. If i chose Manual updates only and a new update is available, i get notification in CPANEL (notification of new update available) or no ?

THank you

2. HostingH

HostingH Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes you will get an notification in WHM and the email address which you set during the configuration.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The maintenance portion of the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp script always runs as part of the nightly cron job, regardless of the update settings. Thus, you should still receive an email notification with the upcp output to the root contact address. Additionally, in WHM, the upper-right of the header in the UI will alert you when a newer version is available on your configured build tier.

Thank you.