The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update certificate and Keystores?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noimad1, Feb 8, 2010.

1. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

(sorry I know this may not be cpanel specifically related). I have a customer that uses cybersource as his payment gateway. I developed his payment page for him using some sample php pages they provided using their SOAPI. All of a sudden he received the e-mail below stating that we have to update our certificate and keystores on the server or the processing will not work anymore.

Their instructions only appear to be for windows environments though, and when I opened a ticket with them, they said "if you aren't using windows then sorry we can't help you with instructions"....

As far as I remember installing a certificate and keystores was never part of the original setup I did when setting this up, but my customer is having major fears that his processing is going to stop working.

Does anyone know what they heck they are talking about and if so, how I can update the "certificate and keystores" on my linux server?

2. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

sorry to bump this up, just curious if anyone knows what I can do.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Re: Update certificate and Keystores? (CyberSource)

I don't have an exact answer, but I would try referring to the official documentation from the gateway. The following are the closest references I could find:

To confirm the method being used, for determining if a change is necessary:
    Technical Resources - CyberSource APIs - How to tell which CyberSource API you're using

Information regarding keys and certificates:
    Technical Resources - CyberSource Simple Order API
    Code:
    Keys and Certificates
        * Generate or Update Keys and Certificates by logging in to your Business Center. The Developer Guide for your SDK will point you to the right place.
    The following is a more specific reference from the "CyberSource Linux PHP SDK" that should help to determine where the files are stored by checking the existing configuration used: CyberSource Linux PHP SDK - ReadMe
    Code:
    7. Edit cybs.ini and make the following changes:
    	b. Set keysDirectory to the directory where your key resides.
               The client includes a "keys" directory that you can use.

(Optional Additional Changes)
    	e. Set sslCertFile to the directory to the full path of the file
               containing the bundle of CA root certificates necessary for SSL
               communication.  By default, the client looks for a file called
               ca-bundle.crt in the keys directory.  If you move it such that it is
               no longer in the same directory as your key(s) and/or if you rename
               it, you must specify its full path (including the filename) in the
               sslCertFile property, e.g. "/usr/sampleLocation/ca-bundle.crt".
    From the quoted section of the documentation ReadMe I would venture to believe there is a file named "cybs.ini" that contains an entry for both "keysDirectory" and "sslCertFile" that defines the directory path where the applicable keys and SSL CA bundle and certificates are being stored.